Finally tried Max

I bloggedthat Max might be a good RSS Reader when Vista comes along. I finally tried it out. It requires .Net 3, so I installed that, rebooted, installed Max and Max complained that my version of .Net 3 was too new! So I removed .Net 3, allowed Max to install .Net 3, rebooted and fired up Max – it didn’t work! Anyone had more success?

UPDATE: Just to clarify – this was done on XP SP2.

UPDATE: I tried again today (17 Oct) and Max is still falling over, so thought I’d look for a reason. I stumbled a post by Mark Woodman in which he points to a whole bunch of failing in Max. I can only assume that the people writing these things don’t use RSS – well not in anger – because they just don’t get it. Disappointed I am.

Advertisements

2 responses to “Finally tried Max

  1. Amazingly enough, Max isn’t supported on Vista right now. The Max developers blogged about it somewhere (or commented on someone else’s blog) that they had it running internally on Vista, but didn’t have time to test it more formally before this release. So – you need to try it on XP (and I’m assuming you were trying it out on one of the Vista beta or RC builds)

  2. No, sorry, should have said. This was on XP SP2.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s