Upgrading community server to 2.1

Well, I upgraded my community server to 2.1 (.NET 2) today. All went smoothly except that the SQL upgrade script wouldn’t run. I found that I was missing the schema patch #52. Quick search on the forum revealed a link to patch #52, which I ran. After that no problems.

Two changes were needed in the web.config file:

  1. The connectionString to the database: just pull the value parameter from the >appSettings> section and paste that into the connectionString in 2 places.
  2. Changed authentication to Windows. I don’t seem to have to install the extra dlls that I was given when I purchased this module.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s